We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, fill in profile information, create a poll, publish a poll, vote on polls, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, address, gender, age, nationality, education, and other information you choose to provide.
We also collect information in the following ways:
Location: When using our app, you may be prompted to allow us access to your location while using the app. If you allow, we will track your location in order to allow Askers to customize polls based on your location. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. We attempt to collect location data whether you are using our app or our website.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Voting Behavior: When using our service as a Voter, we track your voting behavior, including, but not limited to, how quickly you vote, which polls you skip, which polls you view results for, your use of the zoom functionality, and which pictures you are picking.
We may use the information we collect about you to:
1. Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), enhance the asking and voting process, develop new features, provide customer support to Users, authenticate Users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
2. Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
3. Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
4. Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
When you post a poll as an Asker, your credit card information is provided to our payment processing provider Braintree Payment Solutions, LLC., in order to process payments for your requests or rides. AB itself does not store your credit card and only collects the last four digits of your credit card number, the credit card type, the expiration number, your postal or zip code and the country. We use this information to prevent fraud.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that we place on your computer's hard drive in order to enable various features of our service. You can choose to accept or decline cookies in your browser settings.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our service. Cookies also help us to remember your recent actions while using our service, and remember your website settings, allowing us to enhance the functionality of our website and app for you. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Our website and app may contain links to other websites. Once you click one of these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites. This privacy statement does not govern these websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you may opt not to fill in information that is not required in the form. Also, some forms may have a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
● If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act of 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please e-mail email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.